20 Irresistable House Cleaning Tips You Can't Live Without
||| Back by popular demand |||
Our followers LOVE LISTS, especially when it comes to saving time on the house work, and potentially money as well! We value your time, and that's why we continue to bring you cleaning tips, tricks and secrets to keep your home perfectly clean! We all know how to get the job done, and we just want you to get it done faster. I'm sure you have some cleaning secrets that you've been true to since you moved on from the nest.
In this article we have compiled a list of our Top 20 House Cleaning Tips you just can't live without, from the bathroom to the laundry room, messy stains; we got you covered.
1. A made bed is a kept bedroom, when you wake up each morning, pull the covers up to your chin, then scissor-kick your way out of bed so it'll be half made. Finish the job before you proceed to get ready for the day.
2. Create the ultimate scrubbing paste for your cast-iron pan, with olive oil & a teaspoon of coarse salt. Scrub it in with a stiff brush, then rinse with hot water. There's so many great uses for olive oil.
3. The Kitchen Sink, is a breeding ground for bacteria, potentially being more unsanitary than a toilet! To disinfect, clean your sink with soap and water first, then spray a mist of vinegar followed by a mist of hydrogen peroxide, and let air-dry. (Don't mix the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide together—spray one after the other.)
4. Get rid of carpet stains by sprinkling baking soda over the affected areas, then spray with Vinegar, let it sit for a few hours. Once it has soaked in, scrub the stains loose, vacuum and that's it! Bye Bye Stain!
5. Organize Mail and Ads before you bring them into the house, having a designated mail organization spot at your front door will eliminate paper piles all over your kitchen.
6. To remove marker pen off hard surfaces, spray on hair spray and then wipe it off. If you have little ones; this one might come in handy.
7. Have designated spaces in your multipurpose laundry room separate gift wrapping, odds and ends storage, and laundry. Canvas cubes in the same colour, or pattern, keep the room looking organized and modern.
8. Vacuum or dust mop daily to reduce dirt, grime and more from settling in ot your floors and burying deeper into the grain.
9. Disinfect your sponge every night by wringing it out and microwaving it on high for a minute. When it's falling apart and stinky, bust out a new one.
10. An oldie, but a goodie: To clean the bottom of your iron, sprinkle some salt on the ironing board, then iron back and forth several times.
11. Clean baseboards in your home by rubbing the border with a dryer sheet. This removes the dust AND coats the area to prevent more particles from accumulating.
12. While cleaning, ALWAYS THINK top to bottom. This ensures any crumbs or dust that falls on the floor while you are cleaning the house get swept up last. And believe it or not, there's a right way to sweep.
13. If you own pets, brush their fur often to prevent dust bunnies and accumulated fur. Have a hand held vacuum in a convenient place along with a lint roller. Keep it by the front door so you can de-fuzz before that important meeting.
14. Buff your stainless steel by applying several drops of mineral oil onto a microfibre and buffing. This prevents water buildup, which deters mold from growing and makes the sink look new longer.
15. Never Put Trash Down – Whether it is a piece of paper or a food wrapper, NEVER set it down. Get in the habit of holding it in your hand until you can reach your trash can. Whether it's the bedroom, bathroom, living room or office, there's a place for garbage!
16. Glass windows can be cleaned by adding one TBSP of cornstarch to 1L of warm water. Wet and a rag or squeegee, remove excessive water and wipe down glass as if using regular glass cleaner. Dry with either a soft cloth or paper.
17. Sanitize your chopping block board by squeezing 1/2 of a lemon all over, and let the citric juice absorb for atleast 10 minutes -It works on plastic cutting boards or wood. Watch as the stains loosen, then kill any remaining bacteria by scrubbing the other half of the lemon all over the board.
18. To save time after dinner, adjust your schedule to turning the dishwasher every night after dinner, and put them away before bedtime. You will start each day with clean dishes.
19. Grout is porous & absorbs oils from shampoos, conditioners, and soaps, which contribute to the growth of mold and mildew, which spreads to the tiles it surrounds. Mix 10 part water to 1 part bleach and a soft-bristled brush. Follow up with a cleaner to remove the bleach mixture from your grout.
20. Timing is everything! Track how long it actually takes you to do the household chores, you'll be shocked on how little time some tasks may take. This will help your housework seem like less work.
IF YOU FOUND THESE TIPS USEFUL, FEEL FREE TO LIKE & SHARE, OR COMMENT BELOW