8 Organization Tips to Kick Clutter
Do you find no matter how hard you try you just can’t seem to “Kick the Clutter”? You know, the pile of papers on the counter, the basket full of cords, screwdrivers and whatever else came out of the bottom if your purse (if you have kids this could be anything). As busy people maintaining a household we prioritize our house cleaning in order of importance, usually kitchen, bathrooms, laundry, floors. Those pesky, cluttered areas tend to get forgotten till it becomes too much to handle.
1. Everything has a place. If you do not have a spot for an item it needs a home. So find a drawer, closet or cupboard for EVERYTHING.
2. Organize your stuff right away, leaving it on the counter to “organize later” will seem like a bigger chore.
3. Have an “In” and “Out” basket for bills, mail, kids school papers.
4. If you do not need it or use it, get rid of it! To keep a perfectly ‘clean and organized’ home you can say goodbye to the medley of unwanted items.
5. Use old jars and jewelry boxes to organize tiny things such as accessories, office and craft supplies, spices and more.
6. If you have an open wall, utilize this space if you do not have a ton of cupboards. Pottery Barn has some unique wall organizers you’ll LOVE!
7. Have small baskets to keep toys, slippers, bathroom necessities and pet needs readily available in the according rooms.
8. Label shoeboxes and bins throughout the house, this will help you know exactly what and where things go.
Maintaining a clean and organized space at home or work promotes productivity, creativity and a happy state of mind. You will feel refreshed and able to focus on the finer things in life. You will save time on your cleaning routine. And, if you hire cleaning services (link), your home will be looking clean and beautiful no matter what time of day.
Top Left Photo Credit: Click Here
Bottom Photo Credit: Click Here