Can you believe fall is just around the corner? Hard to believe the summer has come and is almost gone already. The arrival of fall means it’s time to make a yard clean up plan and Perfection Cleaning is here to help you!
We have compiled a list of our top 10 yard clean up tips:
1. Clean your eaves. Eaves are extremely important, especially in the winter, when the moisture really hits. Ensure there are no clogs to facilitate proper drainage.
2. Trim your trees and plants. This will keep your plants healthy and ensure they grow exceptionally well in the spring (plus it saves you time during spring yard clean up!). Perennial plants fall into this category and need to be cut back as well.
3. Mow your lawn. Before the snow flies mow your lawn at a shorter length than normal. You want to ensure your lawn gets maximum oxygen and cutting it short is the way to do that.
4. Complete maintenance on your yard equipment. Change the oil in your lawn mower and/or weed eater, ensure all the gas is used up, and grease your equipment.
5. Rake the leaves from your yard. Leaf clean up is necessary for the health of your lawn. Some leaves in your plant beds are beneficial for providing nutrients so don’t stress about cleaning every last one.
6. Weed the yard. Pulling weeds in the fall is a time saver come spring.
7. Fertilize. In the fall it is a great idea to fertilize the lawn to promote growth over the winter. You will see your grass turn green sooner in the spring. Fertilizing trees and shrubs is beneficial in the fall as well.
8. Save your sprinklers and hoses. Ensure all water is drained from hoses and store for the winter with your sprinklers. If you have underground sprinklers, ensure lines are clear to avoid any damage.
9. Clean up pet waste. There is nothing worse than having to clean up all fall and winter’s worth of waste when the snow melts so get a jump on it now.
10. Clean out any fruits and vegetables. Rotten fruits and veggies are the perfect home for insect eggs. Clean your garden out completely and avoid the mess in the spring.
Enjoy the fall weather this year when you complete these 10 must-do outdoor chores.
Do you have any chores you would add to this list?
Follow us on Social Media!