The Top 6 Dirtiest Spots in Your Home
House cleaning is one of the most dreaded chores, we keep our house clean because it feels great when you walk into a neat and tidy room, but it is also for health reasons. Certain spots in your home can be a breeding ground for bacteria, salmonella and E. Coli. This is why Perfection Cleaning is sharing weekly tips to make your house cleaning easier. Your health is important to us and we can’t stress enough the importance of a scheduled deep clean.
1. The Kitchen Sink – The dishes you throw in the sink have food particles all over them and if you do not sanitize the sink, the disgusting and illness-causing bacteria can get on your hands and spread to everything else you touch. Quick Fix: Sanitize your sink with a water and bleach solution, and do not forget to remove and clean the drain plug. It just might be the DIRTIEST thing in our home
2. Knobs – Think about how often you touch the stove knobs, door knobs, light switches, faucets and even cupboard handles in a day. A lot. There can be bacteria, or even staph all over these surfaces. And we need to turn off the faucet handles to wash our hands. Quick Tip: Wipe down with a disinfectant spray and a cloth or paper towel. Our professional cleaning services are diligent in this task.
3. Pet Toys – It is no wonder that pet toys make it on our list, your dog is not the most hygienic family member. No matter how clean you think those puppy kisses are. Quick Fix: Wipe hard toys down with a Lysol Wipe, soft toys can get thrown in the laundry.
4. The Coffee Maker – According to a NSF Study, 50% of the reservoirs swabbed had mold and yeast, 9% had coliform Bacteria. If you haven’t sanitized your coffee maker recently, you may want to do this before your next morning brew. Quick Fix: Check your manual, or what we do is run 4 cups of vinegar through the reservoir, then run a couple cycles of water to rinse.
5. Dirty Laundry – Good thing we offer laundry services! Leaving dirty laundry to sit for even a short time can encourage the spread of bacteria. When you grab that laundry to throw it in the washing machine WASH YOUR HANDS when you’re done. Quick Fix: Keep up to date on your laundry, or call Perfection Cleaning
6. Electronics - Our generation is one that constantly is on their phone, kids playing or learning on the iPad or playing video games. These devices are being touched all the time so please clean them as you would anything else. Quick Fix: Wipe it down with a Lysol Wipe or a clean cloth with sanitizer.
Remember, sometimes its okay to call for help. We have professional cleaners all in Langley, Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Surrey, Vancouver and more.
Tell us what you would like us to share with you next by emailing our Blogger!!